Chocolate with popcorn? Talk about a match made in snack heaven!
If you love the fusion of sweet and crunchy just as much as we do, here’s a chocolate drizzled popcorn recipe you can make with your Popper. It’s sure to satisfy your tastebuds, and the best part is, it only takes a few minutes to prepare.
Check it out:
Chocolate Drizzled Popcorn Ingredients
- ½ cup kernels
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (or milk chocolate, it’s up to you!)
Step 1: Heat
Set the Popsmith Popper over medium heat and pre-heat for 1-2 minutes.
Step 2: Add Oil and Kernels
Pour coconut oil and kernels into the Popper.
Step 3: Turn
Put the Popper’s lid on and turn the crank clockwise.
Step 4: Pop
When popping slows, take the stovetop popcorn popper out of the burner. Remove the lid and allow steam to disappear.
Step 5: Melt
Combine butter, vanilla, corn syrup, salt, and semi-sweet and dark chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 20 to 30-second intervals until totally melted. Stir well after every interval.
Step 6: Mix
Drizzle the melted chocolate over the popcorn. You can use a piping bag for a more even distribution. If you don't have this on hand, a spoon will work fine.
Step 7: Cool
Store the chocolate drizzled popcorn in the freezer for about 15 to 20 minutes to allow the chocolate to set.
Step 8: Serve
More Chocolate Popcorn Tips
- Feel free to customize this recipe however you like! Swap dark chocolate for white; add nuts and pretzels for extra crunch — you call the shots.
- If you want to make the popcorn vegan-friendly, simply use vegan chocolate chips.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and away from the sun to stop the chocolate from melting. To be safe, you can also keep the container in the freezer.
- Before you stick your Popper inside the dishwasher, fill it with water and give any chocolate remnants time to soften.
Irresistible Chocolatey Goodness Is Calling Your Name
Nearly everyone loves chocolate, so if you’re thinking about what to serve at your next get-together, you can’t go wrong with chocolate drizzled popcorn. It’s a surefire way to get your guests excited. Just don’t forget to leave some for yourself!
FAQs About Chocolate Popcorn
Is dark chocolate popcorn good for you?
Dark chocolate popcorn is a great snack if you have a sweet tooth but also want to watch your health. Dark chocolate is full of antioxidants and can help decrease the risk of heart disease, while popcorn gives you plenty of fiber.
Just enjoy your dark chocolate popcorn in moderation for a guilt-free treat.
How long is chocolate covered popcorn good for?
Chocolate covered popcorn can last up to a week if you keep it in an airtight container. It can last even longer (around 2 months) if you stash it in the freezer. Make sure the container is completely sealed, though, so no moisture gets in.
Can you put Magic Shell on popcorn?
If you want a quick way to make chocolate popcorn, you actually can use chocolate-flavored Magic Shell. All you have to do is put your popcorn in a container with a lid, drizzle Magic Shell over it, close the lid, and then shake till the kernels are coated. You can serve the popcorn once the shell hardens.